About Kim Balmer
Hello my name is Kim.
I offer professional counselling to adults, young people and children in a comfortable, safe, confidential and supportive environment where you can be heard and understood without judgement. It is important to me that you feel at ease while exploring any issues that are troubling you.
We all need a little help at times and it is important that you find a therapist that you are relaxed and comfortable with. I understand how worrying seeking counselling can be – my aim is to reassure you and provide you with an opportunity for healthy change. I work with people who are struggling with anxiety, depression, bereavement, trauma, family and relationship issues and many other areas of counselling (listed below) which may be current or past unresolved problems.
I provide a trusting therapeutic relationship, giving opportunity to explore difficulties.
With insight in to your situation, thoughts, feelings and behaviours you are able to gain deeper understanding, clarity, acceptance and strategies for informed choices and change.
I work in Private Practice, Primary and Secondary Schools throughout Sefton, Liverpool and Knowsley and undertake work for various voluntary organisation and colleges, offering short and long term counselling for adults, young people and children.
History of Experience and Qualifications
Experience in domestic violence, depression and anxiety.
Experience in working with male, females, children and their families who are survivors of sexual abuse and child exploitation.
I provided therapeutic intervention – child counselling for a school whose Ofsted report was subsequently upgraded.
The Carers Centre
Dealing with situations where stress was common.
Parenting 2000 Adult. Young person and child counsellor.
Primary and secondary schools 2014 and current
Sefton Emotional Achievement Services (SEAS)
Providing one to one counselling primary and secondary schools in Sefton and group therapy
In 2015 I commended on my organisational skills and commitment to CPD “The Audit Team was particularly impressed with the high level of detail throughout your audit submission and your commitment to CPD over the last 12 months”
Training & Qualifications
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Counselling Concepts
- Counselling Children CPCAB
- Rewind Trauma Therapy IARTT (At technique for clients experiencing PTSD, flashbacks, anxiety and involuntary / intrusive thoughts)
- Therapeutic Story writing
- City & Guild in Learning Support
- Reiki 1
Sefton Safeguarding Board safeguarding children
CPCAB Level 6 therapeutic Counselling supervision pending
I have also completed the following training; CPD
- Attachment issues in Counselling
- Attachment through the life cycle
- Practical Mindfulness and NLP
- Mindfulness in Person Centred Counselling
- Compass; Attachment Theory
- Safeguarding Essentials
- Safeguarding & child protection & risk assessment
- Anxiety in children & young people
- Resilience in children
- Teenage Brain CAMHS
- Development in Adversity & Trauma CAMHS
- Equality & Diversity Essentials
- Working with difference and diversity
- Bereavement training. Bereavement uk
- Attachment Theory and self awareness in the Counsellor
- Working with Complex Clients
- Working with Young People
- Working with children – Rasa
- Understanding Self Harm and Risk Assessment
- Working with Metaphor
- Helping Children tell their stories
- Children’s Emotional Well being
- Rasa Rape and Sexual Violence Trained
- Rasa Parents Protect Trained
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Making endings with children
- Understanding & Managing ADSD
- Resilience in children
- Unusual experiences and psychosis in young people